Welcoming a new born in the family requires every parent to plan and prepare their home, life, and surroundings properly to accommodate the little one. One of the most daunting tasks when shopping for your baby is selecting the right bed for the newborn. From bassinets to baskets and cots to cribs, the market today is flooded with different types of baby beds, each claiming to be good in their own right. But if the safety of your baby is your primary concern and if you are looking for a long term investment, buying a convertible baby crib would be a wise decision. Convertible cribs are basically baby cribs that are designed to grow with the child and can be converted to several sized beds (standard bed, day bed, toddler bed and single or twin sized bed). Also known as cot beds, these baby beds are available in different colors, styles, and finishes and will look great in your baby’s nursery or bedroom for years to come. If you are looking to buy the best convertible crib for babies 2017, read the Dream on Me Addison convertible crib review listed below.
- Assembled dimensions: 54 x 34 x 33 inches
- Product weight: 90 pounds
- Minimum weight recommendation: 6 pounds
- Maximum weight recommendation: 30 pounds
- Target Gender: Unisex
- The crib converts to toddler bed, a daybed and full sized bed.
- All tools for assembly included
- 4 position mattress support system
- Meets all applicable CPSC and ASTM standards
- Available in black, cherry, espresso, white and natural colors
- Includes an under – crib storage drawer
- Twin rail for large sized bed sold separately
- Bedding, bed frame and mattress not included
- Sturdy body
- 4 – in – 1 convertible crib: This elegantly designed yet exceptionally functional crib can be customized to meets your child’s needs. The crib help keeps your infant comfortable when he/ she is resting or sleeping. However, when your baby outgrows the crib, it can be transformed easily to a toddler bed or day bed (with a safety rail) to a twin bed, serving your family year after year.
- Convertible crib with storage: Featuring an under — crib storage, the Dream On Me Addison crib provides extra space for storing all your baby essential such as crib sheets or diapers. This not only helps you locate all your baby essentials easily, but also helps keep your bedroom or nursery looking neat and tidy.
- Cost Effective Crib: Although convertible cribs are more expensive than any other standard crib, they prove to be a more cost-effective solution in the long run. Since this convertible crib converts into a toddler bed to a twin bed, you don’t have to buy new beds for your growing child. This contemporary baby crib grows alongside your baby, making it an economical option for a baby bed.
- Safe: When buying a baby crib, considering product safety and certification is important. The Dream On Addison not only features fixtures that are baby safe, but also meets all applicable ASTM and CPSC standards, making it completely safe for your little one. In addition, it does not contain any toxic elements such as lead and is painted with organic and kid safe paint.
- Easy to install: Installing the Dream on Me Addison crib is quite simple. While the light solid wood parts of the crib make it easy for you to move them and solve its puzzle, the pack includes mandatory tools that allow easy installation. Furthermore, the product includes detailed instructions regarding the setup and conversion. The instructions are clear and can be understood by people of all educational levels.
- A great option for small spaces: This convertible crib is a perfect choice for those living in small spaces. Parents who are planning to have more than one child often to need store their crib for a couple of years until the second child is born. However, with Dream on Me Addison crib, the first child regardless of his age can continue using it until the second is born. This helps parents from having to find a storage space for a large crib.
- 4 position mattress support system: Adjusting the level of your mattress in a crib is an important feature that can provide safety and convenience. When babies grow, they become dangerously tall for their crib. Having an adjustable mattress setting allows parents to set the level according to the age of the child. While the highest setting is used for younger babies, the height of the mattress can be lowered as the child gets older. The lowest position of the mattress is generally used in this convertible crib in the toddler or daybed position to help the child crawl out the crib easily.
- Versatile: This convertible crib is available in several desirable finishes, making it fit in any type of room décor. Additionally, since the crib does not include any child — like designs, it can be used for babies as well as children of all ages.
- Nonstandard size mattress: One of the greatest disadvantages of using the Dream on Me Addison crib is that you need to buy a special sized mattress for the crib. Standard cribs have specific guidelines for a mattress, making it easy for you to find a mattress of your choice. However, since convertible cribs are available in different sizes, there a few options when buying a mattress for a convertible crib.
- Conversion Kit not included: The conversion kit which is used to convert the crib into bed is not included with the pack. Since each type of bed conversion may require a separate purchase, transforming a crib to toddler bed or a twin bed can be a costly affair.
This Dream on Me Addison Convertible crib review enlightens us about the exciting and innumerable benefits of using this convertible crib. Therefore, buying this convertible crib for your baby will not only allow your bundle of joy sleep safely and comfortably in style, but also allow you have peace of mind.
What is the best crib? This may be!